The Heartbreak Kid is a movie you can’t miss on holidays. This film is a remake of the 1972 film, starring Ben Stiller, directed by Bobby and Peter Farrely. The movie tells story about a single forty years old guy (Eddie), who own a sporting-good store who accidentally met Lila, an environment researcher. They both then fell in love to each other. By the pressure from his father and friends, he finally marries Lila after only 6 weeks.
However, just after the marriage, he found out that Lila is immature, foolish, a monster in bed, owes a huge money to many people, and don’t actually have a job because she is volunteering. While on honeymoon in Cabo, Eddie meets Miranda, a pretty girl who is visiting with her family. Eddie falls for her. Now he wonders how to breaking off his marriage and going for Miranda…
The movie also stars Malin Åkerman, Michelle Monaghan, Jerry Stiller, and Carlos Mencia. The screenplay was written by Leslie Dixon, Scot Armstrong, the Farrelly brothers and Kevin Barnett, and is based on the 1972 screenplay by Neil Simon.
The movie is quite funny, with lots of kisses and romantic events. but I hate the fact that Eddie turn out to be a playboy at the first place and using Miranda to justify his actions. I prefer Lila over Miranda actually. You can also see beautiful Cabo beach in Mexico. Hey, you might want to go there in your holidays. I know Audrina Patridge recently went there on vacations.
The Heartbreak Kid soundtrack offers various songs you can hear while on the movie, and some of them are quite old but popular like the one with Spice Girl songs. However it’s good enough to listen. Here’s the list on the soundtracks you can get from the CD which you can buy on nearby music stores:
1. The Tale Of The Horney Frog – The Flaming Lips
2. She Makes Me Fall Down – Buva
3. Put The Message In The Box – World Party
4. Honey Come Home – John Alagia
5. Ashes To Ashes – David Bowie
6. Painting By Chagall – The Weepies
7. Gypsy Woman – Brian Hyland
8. Take Em Or Leave Em – Amy Venegas
9. The First Cut Is The Deepest – Buva
10. Canciones De Amor – Julieta Venegas
11. Maybe I’m Not The One – The Flaming Lips
12. After Party – Ozomatli
13. Different Drum – Matthew Sweet/ Susana Hoffs
14. Suffragette City – David Bowie